On 15 November 2011 22:09, Steve Fisher <xirco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Coming out of standby is a major issue on a lot of machines.  Usually a
> problem with the video drivers (but not always).  What video card do you
> have?  My machine will not come out of standby 90% of the time running FGLRX
> radeon drivers, but does on the open source drivers, works as good as gold
> on the open source version.

I think you have misunderstood the problem, it does not go into
standby, nor am I asking it to.  I ask for a normal shutdown, which it
does.  After shutting down the shutdown light flashes *as if* it were
in standby, but it is not.  The problem is that something (possibly a
hardware fault) is causing it to think it is in standby when it is
not.

Colin