On 24 November 2011 19:29, Andres <andre...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> If a mailing list can get away with having a rule against
>> top-posting then that's great, but most venues can't.
>>
> Hi,
>
> is snipping what i just did? I.e. Select the stuff that is redundant delete
> it and post beneth?

Yes, but leave attribution. In other words, who wrote what.

> Would setting the signature at the bottom be best practice?

Yes. 4 lines, ideally, 5 at a push. Legal disclaimers are pointless
and unenforcable so do not use them. Include some non-email contact
details.

> Is there a tenical way to make your email work better at this?

I don't understand.

> I know there is a setup somewhere in evolution to enable bottom posting but
> i have not found it in thunderbird.

Er, I used to use T'bird for years. It always did it out of the box for me.

> Sometimes mobile users are excused?

True, but the makers should be hounded until they fix their clients!

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lpro...@gmail.com
AIM/Yahoo/Skype: liamproven • MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508