On Dydd Gwener 02 mis Rhagfyr 2011 19:56:42 GMT, Michael Daniels wrote:
> > From: clan...@googlemail.com
> > Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 15:52:16 +0000
> > To: ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com
> > Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Printer Problem
> > @Michael. If you go to System Settings > Printers and right click the
> > printer and select Properties what do you see for all the Settings?
> >
> > Also what do you see under Access Control?
> >
> > Colin
>
> Thanks, Colin, Access Ctrl; Allow printing for everyone (no exceptions)
>                           Device mff:/dev/mfp4
> O/S is Ubuntu 10.04

HI Michael,

The access control is what I was thinking of when I last replied (from
my phone, so I couldn't see the settings).

Try turning the access control setting to deny everyone, add your user
to the white list and try again. Then try setting it back to allow
everyone and delete your user from the list. See if either of those
help with the problem.

Ahh, I've also just noticed on the Policies tab (I'm using 11.04, so it
might be slightly different), there's an "Operation Policy" setting,
which has the values "Default behaviour" and "Authenticated" - mine is
set to "Default", so check yours isn't set to "Authenticated".

HTH
Neil.