On 13/01/12 21:04, Neil Greenwood wrote:
On 12.01.12 23:29, Pete Smout wrote:
Hi,

Just upgraded the HDD in my laptop and decided to reinstall ubuntu, so I
went for the daily build of 12.04.

Although this is still in the Alpha test stage and issues are to be
expected, the issue I encountered was that it would not install!

It got to the point of asking to install updates during install and
third party software, (good idea!) and just hung there for 2.5 hrs (so
was a hang not a delay).

has anyone had any joy with this or is it just me with this bizzare issue?

regards

Pete

I tried updating today and there seems to be some package breakage.

I installed perfectly from the Alpha 1 ISO a few weeks ago. I'd try
that, and complete the install before trying to update.

HTH
Neil.

Hi,
Issue solved downloaded the alpha 1 iso and updated after install is it worth raising a bug report for the issue stated above? If this is the new install procedure, my lap top is not that outta the ordinary (intel2.4ghz dual core, 2gb ram) it should just work!

If I raise a bug report I have no debug info to back it up, so other than the info provided here, I cannot back it up with error reports or anything like that, but I feel this issue needs to go up the line, hence the question 'has anyone else' had this problem to shed more light and be able to provide more info on the problem to pool the reports, and give more ammunition to the bug report.

regards

Pete