On 28/01/12 21:13, Liam Proven wrote:
On 28 January 2012 19:10, Barry Drake<ubuntu-advertis...@gmx.com>  wrote:
On 28/01/12 17:31, Liam Proven wrote:

There are boot floppy images for free download on:
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Free download? �The guy seems to want me to pay $4 for any of his downloads.
�Could be worth it, but I'll stick with Clonezilla as it doesn't cost even
$1.

I've been using the site for more than a decade&  I've never paid.
It's not like he owns the software; it's mostly Microsoft copyright. I
just checked the site and I did not see any requests for payment or
anything. I am thus puzzled.

They wanted $9.75 from me. The link from this sentence in the article:

"Please note that this download is no longer free, due to licensing restrictions imposed upon us."

linked to:

http://neosmart.net/blog/2011/windows-recovery-discs-updated-reinstated/

which explained how MS wanted their pound of flesh.

I too will be sticking to free tools. I find the Ubuntu server CDs ideal for re-installing a broken Grub2 MBR with minimum hassle.

--
JimP