Hi Alex,

sudo ufw allow ssh  if your using ufw firewalls on both client and
server. However my guess is that the problem is likely connected to
password permissions, after exchanging keys.

The Ubuntu help documentation is very useful in this area :
https://help.ubuntu.com/10.10/serverguide/C/openssh-server.html

John