On 18/04/12 20:27, alan c wrote:
> On 18/04/12 19:56, Philip Stubbs wrote:
>> On 18 April 2012 19:46, Philip Stubbs <phi...@stuphi.co.uk> wrote:
>>> It works here, at the moment. Just kicked off a 95Mb update, so will
>>> try again in a few minutes. :-)
>>
>> Lots of 3.4.0's were replaced with 3.4.1's so I guess that is a point
>> release of gnome then. Sound recorder still working. Sorry, but that
>> does not help very much, does it. :-(
>
> Yes it does - it may suggest that my 12.04 adventures to date in these
> fairly new installs has caused a problem. One possibility is AWN,
> which I have tried because I love the shiny switcher app, but I have
> discovered that awn also installs gnome classic sessions which for
> example uses gnome panel, whatever.
> I will do a clean instal of 12.04 now in one machine an dsee if it
> will work without awn.

Re install 12.04 in one machine, fully updated now, nothing else
installed, Sound Record (from Built-In Audio) not working still.

I should say that sound record  *does* work from a microphone and also
from the usb microphone integral in a webcam I use for such as skype.
It is *only* the recognition of the internal audio hardware which
seems to prevent record from Built In Audio.
--
alan cocks