On 06/05/12 21:40, Bill Baker wrote:
This very morning I had a wonderful example of similar. the user was, however, communicating via their desktop pooter whilst about to try Ubuntu on their netbook. It was a wonderful case of Four questions asked - four questions answered - Ubuntu installed. The difference here is that the user had enough nouse to ask before use.... if only the situation you describe could replicate that, then all would be good.

Less than two years ago, EVERYONE knew that Gnu/Linux was for really sad geeks and none other. Normal people use Windows of course. In the last eighteen months or so, that perception has changed. It is up to us to spoonfeed the new potential user without crippling the system as the legacy folk seem to have done. That is our challenge which is why I would like to see a change in the way we present the autorun feature.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/