On 16/05/12 12:07, Barry Drake wrote:
I've just discovered boot-repair.  I seems to be available on a
stand-alone iso and on a customised Ubuntu 12.04 iso.  I've made a boot
SD card from the 12.04 version and it looks as though it might be a
useful way of rescuing a damaged grub2.  I just wondered if any of you
have used it?

The boot repair disc I have used, and it is close to miraculous IMHO is
http://sourceforge.net/p/boot-repair-cd/home/Home/

I note it seems to use an Ubuntu Font, but I do not know if it uses Ubuntu in fact. I have used it for Windows and Ubuntu, including in I think fairly complex multiboot PCs. I have only needed to use the basic offerings, however if they are anything to go by the other stuff must be good. The author posts too, I think, in Ubuntu forums. Development ongoing.

I recommend at least a try. Keep it around.
--
alan cocks