On 18 May 2012 16:10, Liam Proven <lpro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 May 2012 15:44, Alan Pope <alan.p...@canonical.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 18/05/12 15:23, Liam Proven wrote:
> >> But I can never tell what the problem /is/. Some background service
> >> or something, I guess. Nothing visible and user-facing has ever
> >> died once. Even the alpha was pretty stable.
> >>

> > You'll probably find something in /var/crash with a name which gives
> > away the culprit.
>
> I'll have a look but TBH I am not much bothered. :¬)

There is a details button that will give you more information about what is
being reported.  This is the same as in the .crash file in /var/crash, but
most of the .crash file is taken up with a core dump which is a pain to
scroll through with 'less'.  But if anyone is that interested there is a
command apport-unpack, which splits up a crash file into separate files for
easy reading.

Tony