On 08/06/12 12:20, Colin Law wrote:
On 8 June 2012 12:13, Norman Silverstone<nor...@littletank.org>  wrote:
On 08/06/12 12:08, Colin Law wrote:

On 8 June 2012 12:00, Norman Silverstone<nor...@littletank.org>    wrote:

On 08/06/12 11:38, Colin Law wrote:

On 8 June 2012 11:31, Norman Silverstone<nor...@littletank.org>
  wrote:

On 08/06/12 10:57, Colin Law wrote:

On 8 June 2012 10:52, Norman Silverstone<nor...@littletank.org>
  wrote:

I frequently watch the BBC web site and recently have noticed that,
when
scrolling, text changes from black to blue and back again when
scrolling
stops. Has anyone else seen this and has anyone any ideas what could
be
the
cause? OS is Xubuntu 12.04.

Is that on all bbc pages?  The home page for example?   If not can you
provide a link to a page?

Go to Home page select any text item and scroll

What do you mean by "select any text item"?

Select BBC NEWS or BBC SPORT or LOCAL NEWS and then select one of the
items
under those headings, for example VAT on hospital revamp 'criminal'.

Can't you just supply a link to a page that shows the problem?  I
don't see the VAT one.  Find a page that shows the problem, copy the
url out of the browser (www.whatever) and paste it here.

I am not seeing any problem here, I wonder if it is to do with the new
smooth scrolling they have introduced. Try disabling it via Edit>
Preferences>  Advanced>  General and deselect Use Smooth Scrolling

Colin

Absolutely correct, your suggest worked like a charm. Thanks.

Norman