On 22/06/2012 12:23, Liam Proven wrote:
On 22 June 2012 09:48, scoundrel50a <scoundrel...@gmail.com> wrote:
Having been somebody who bought an Acer Aspire One linux installed computer
from pcworld, the kernal installed was Linux Lite, and the guy told me, they
had had almost all the linux laptops returned, biggest reasons, couldnt get
it to connect to the internet, no support from ISPs, cant update/use apple
products, same with Android product.....which is why stopped selling them.
Acer Aspire also refused to support anybody who installed any other kernel
during the warranty period.......

Nowadays, people will be reluctant to use a computer they cant use their
apple products with.....
It's an operating system, not a kernel.
Oh, thanks for correcting me.....I'll remember next time

Also, I think you mean "Linpus Lite", not "Linux Lite".
Yeh, you are right, it was a while ago I got it, and I had never heard of it before......

http://www.linpus.com/

Android support is a red herring - Android syncs to the cloud by
default. Connect an Android phone to a Linux machine and you can
transfer files, music, pictures etc. no problem, or at least I could
on my HTC Desire HD.

That all depenends on whether you know what you are doing when you open up the file system of the phone......and it still doesnt help with the upgrades, if you screw up when you delete a file, that is your operating system gone, and you dont get support from your phone company if you tell them you screwed up.....only way to get it back is to use Kies......and you cant use Kies in Ubuntu......I tried installing iTunes via Wine, it worked for about 5 minutes then I havent been able to get it to work since.....