David King wrote:

> Now that Microsoft have announced they will release a new tablet
> running Windows 8, this would be a good time for Canonical to put
> together a tablet running Ubuntu.

A better time would have been before MS joined the party, surely?

> Does Canonical have any plans to do this? So long as it was
> competitively priced, it could do really well, and especially if it
> can run Android apps as well. (The Blackberry PlayBook can run some
> Android apps even though its OS is QNX-based.)

It can only possibly do well if it can run Android (or iOS) apps - the
big problem predicted with Surface is the lack of apps, and that's got
the whole of MS to bribe developers for it.

Perhaps I'm simply not in the right sort of target market (I don't own
a tablet...) but I can't think what I'd expect to get out of a Ubuntu
tablet that couldn't be easily achieved with Android.

--
Avi