Aim to keep it very simple Andres,

Remember the recent demo of the Windows Pad. When experienced
journalists couldn't find the switch off button. They immediately
started to 'freak-out.' This will also be the case with the 'plug and
play' generation. That purchased devices that plugged but seldom played.

Main thing is to get the group feeling confident enough to start trying
things out themselves. A simple plan could be : 1. How the live disc
works. 2. A lot of time on using the interface. 3. How to use
LibreOffice Writer.4. Intro to Firefox. 5. Adding DuckDuckGo to
Firefox.(with a brief intro to privacy and security). 6.How to write and
send an e.mail.This will be more than enough.Do not introduce other
distros.Stress the community spirit of Ubuntu.

Keeping things simple allows you to identify the different abilities
within the group. So you can get more capable users help others.
Unfortunately Skype has never worked out of the box for me on Ubuntu or
Debian.

Most importantly ask the group what they would like to do with a
computer. Then go about doing it : probably writing a letter. Using your
own plan as a back up. Learn from the group rather than 'push' stuff at
them (not easy).

This is so important for the future of Ubuntu.

John