On 02/07/12 21:48, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
If I want to replace Linux Mint 13 with Ubuntu 12.04, will it just be a case of installing over the top, and if so will that affect my Home directory at all? In other words if I do this will my Home directory stay intact or do I need to back it up then restore after installation of Ubuntu?

I gather that Mint has it's own customisations, so I guess it depends if the installer wipes everything other than everything in /home.

If in doubt, boot from a live CD/DVD and backup your home directory somewhere. It's better to have a backup that you can copy back over if it all goes wrong. :-)

Rob