On 19/09/12 13:20, antonk20...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi there David,
Could you please specify whether you have upgraded from another graphics card to this one or is this a new build. Could you please specify your other components to are using, especially the motherboard. I have linux 12. 04 running on an ati 6670. I have also found that at first it refused to install the drivers for the gpu. I ended up reinstalling 12.04 with an alternative cd ( needed to use lvm). Could you try a live cd of normal 12. 04 ( with persistency) and see whether the driver installs.
AK

Thanks for the suggestion re the live CD, how would I get the persistency? I suppose a USB drive involved?

It is a totally fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04. Motherboard is Gigabyte MA790FX-DS5, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ CPU.

David K