On 18 November 2012 15:17, Colin Law <clan...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 18 November 2012 14:04, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertis...@gmx.com> wrote:
>> Just to say that the problem with Ubiquity not allowing an installation has
>> gone away in yesterday's iso of 13.04, so I now have a working installation.
>> Bugs to confirm so far: no menus in Nautilus and search bar in Nautilus
>> finds items in top level directory only (no recursion).
>
> I have not installed Ringtail yet, are they sticking with the old
> version of Nautilus as in Quantal or going on later version with
> removed features?

The Mint project has also deemed the stripping-out of Nautilus
unacceptable and as a result has forked it. I believe the result is
called Nemo.

That would seem like a suitable candidate...

http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=198

But that would mean Mint and Ubuntu working together, which might be
politically difficult...

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven
MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • Skype/AIM/Yahoo/LinkedIn: liamproven
Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884