On 03/12/12 13:13, Colin Law wrote:
On 3 December 2012 10:29, scoundrel50a <scoundrel...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am running 12.04 and after an update I suddenly found that when I close
the laptop the screen doesnt lock, and when I says close I mean shut the lid
down.....when I lift the lid again, the laptop just restarts with no need
for you to add your username and password....not very secure. How can I get
it to need a password when the lid is lifted
Is it acutally suspending (sleeping) ok? Usually the power led flashes
when suspended.  Assuming it is suspending then go to System Settings
Brightness and Lock where there is a checkbox "Require my password
when waking from suspend".

If it is not actually suspending then have a look in System Settings >
Power and make sure you have Suspend as the option for when you close
the lid.

Colin

Hi Thank you for your reply, in Settings>Power under 'When lid is closed' is says Suspend, but it doesnt, when I lift the lid up there is no log in screen it just goes straight to the desktop