On 3 January 2013 13:27, Simon Greenwood <sfgreenw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 January 2013 13:15, Liam Proven <lpro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 3 January 2013 10:49, Simon Greenwood <sfgreenw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > The concept for Ubuntu on Android is essentially an Android phone with an
>> > Ubuntu disk image stored on SD card/in memory that allows the phone to be
>> > used as a boot device for a PC based system.
>>
>> [1] Please do not top-quote.
>>
>> [2] Please also fact-check before you post. Your description is
>> completely wrong. Ubuntu for Android is/was an alternative userland
>> running on top of the Android kernel, to be used when the Android
>> smartphone was docked into a device providing a keyboard, full-sized
>> screen & a pointing device.
>>

> 1. I was using the new Gmail reply interface that doesn't seem to allow
> bottom quoting any more, wasn't sure if it did so I've switched it off.

Yes you can.

You may have noted that I too am using a Gmail address. I have
switched back to it to reply to you.

To bottom-quote, click the [...] button at the bottom that conceals
the quoted text in your reply.

For best results, click the downward-arrow "more" button at
bottom-right and select "plain text".

Trim the quote.

(Alternatively, I believe, just as in old Gmail, just highlight the
part you want to reply to before hitting reply, and only the
highlighted part will be quoted.)

Move the cursor to below it and type your reply.

Hit tab-space to send.

> 2. I couldn't see anything that explains how Ubuntu for Android actually
> works on the Ubuntu website apart from 'sharing the same kernel' and I'm
> pleased to be corrected.

But the demos do show the same phone working in Ubuntu when docked and
in Android when undocked, and take pains to tell you that you can
still use Android contacts and so on. This would not be the case were
it treating the phone as a simple bootable USB key.