On 26/02/13 20:37, Liam Proven wrote:
That's what, well, everyone I have ever seen using email in my life
does. Drag and dropping messages onto an app icon? I am sorry, but
WTAF? No!

At my previous job where Windows + Outlook was the desktop of choice I've seen plenty of people do what Tyler described. One of the nice features Windows has which I've never seen Linux desktops do nicely is dragging and dropping items from a non-focussed window onto the focussed window without focussing the non-focussed window.

So for me that would mean having a file manager window underneath an email composition window and dragging a file from the file manager into the email to attach it without losing focus on the email. It could also be used to drag emails into an email to attach it. This is arguably better than the method you describe because it enables you to add an attachment part way through a thread.

John: Hi Mary, Do you know what the sales were last week?
Mary: No, but Alan has it (cc:ed)
Alan: Here you go guys (drags email from archive into the thread and hits 'send').

The method you describe will initiate a new mail when you press 'forward' whereas the scenario above will keep the attachment "in thread".

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope
Engineering Manager