Hi,

You recall we talked about the hassle of having to re-install wireless drivers after every kernel update. I've noticed that neither of the Lenovo machines which I got from Linux Emporium suffers from this problem: they've both received multiple kernel updates. So I rang Linux Emporium to see if I could find out how they lock the wireless drivers in so effectively. What they said was that they use the Debian packages when converting the Lenovo machines to Ubuntu, and that these Debian packages contain the wherewithal to lock the wireless drivers in permanently. Does this make sense, and if so, could the relevant material be incorporated directly into Ubuntu?

Rowan