When I last mentioned Linux in PC World it was quite obvious that the assistant
had never heard of it. Now that most PC World shops are integrated with Currys,
there are staff with apparently little experience on the PC side. They may know
a lot about fridges and hoovers but not IT. Maybe that will improve with time.

Perhaps if enough people ask about Linux drivers and support, even if we
already know the answer, the message might slowly get through.

As an aside, when I told an assistant in a Tesco mega-store that I would be
installing Linux on a laptop I was considering buying, his response was "I
wouldn't do that, Sir. Linux has a reputation for burning out hard disks".

Nige