On 30/05/13 16:01, SuperEngineer wrote:
[...]
Deja-dup now runs weekly & backs up to the other disk in pooter that was
used for [in retrospect] non-essential stuff.

Whilst preaching to many of the converted here - there may be a few who
could take this as a reminder of rule 1 & rule 2.  Rule 1 = *backup*.
Rule 2 = check your restore strategy!!

My next step - to buy that external disk I kept putting off buying!!  ;)

dejadup integrates well with UbuntuOne (use a password to ensure it is sent encrypted). Downside is possible slow upload speed on the connection. However, careful choice of target folders and arranging and expecting a long time of transfer can help.

--
alan cocks