On 17/06/13 11:08, Nigel Verity wrote:
Hi

I use Filezilla a lot to transfer data between a desktop and a netbook, via a
wireless router. Sometimes these files are big (> 300 MB).

With small files there are no problems regardless of which direction the transfer goes, or whether I am
"pushing" or "pulling". With large files, however, the transfer often stalls and the connection
times out if I am "pushing" the data from the desktop to the netbook. The same file "pulled" from
the netbook end always transfers trouble-free.

My instinct suggests that there is something wrong with the SSH server running
on the netbook - a configuration setting perhaps. Unfortunately I don't know
enough about the finer points of SSH to take it any further.

The netbook has 1 Gb RAM, while the desktop has 4Gb. Both are running 12.04.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks

Nige

Could you try using nautilus to ssh between the netbook and desktop? Do so, open up the nautilus file browser and press ctrl+L. In the address bar that pops up type ssh://servername. Now try to drag and drop files like youwould locally. If you see the same problem, it's an issue with ssh, if you don't see the same issue, it's a problem with FileZilla.