On 24/08/13 21:48, Alan Pope wrote:
On 24 August 2013 21:06, Gareth France <gareth.fra...@gmail.com> wrote:
I often do when I can afford the fuel and I'm already a member of the list
where my suggestions were vaguely acknowledged and dismissed as pointless.

The problem is anyone who is target audience for a Wycombe group isn't a
member there because it's too far.

I think you may be going about it the wrong way round. Rather than
canvas opinion, just do it.

"Build it and they will come" to paraphrase a film.

What seems to work well is just organise an event & let everyone know
when and where it's happening. If it's a regular event, rather than a
one off, then stick to it. Go to the same well published and organised
venue every week/month/fortnight or whatever interval you have
decided. Publish details clearly somewhere, let everyone know exactly
what it is or isn't.

It sometimes takes a few goes for people to come along and it become
"successful" (however you measure that).

I wouldn't let a few people who say they can't/won't come dent your enthusiasm.

Cheers,
Al.

I agree, it makes sense that people in Reading might not see the point of a meet here. They are getting everything they need right there. No doubt they never consider where the gaps might be. However I've wanted a clear idea in my head of what exactly I'll be promoting the meet as and at least a few people confirmed as interested. If at all possible I'd like to avoid days where I'm the only one who shows up!

I've got a lot going on right now (child on the way this weekend!) so I'm thinking the first week of October.