Hi,

My laptop is running a fully up to date 12.04 LTS install. I have noticed that for the last few weeks, during both start up and shut down, text messages are displayed over the Ubuntu logo screen. The messages only appear for a fraction of a second so I have not been able to copy them or even read them in any detail, but they seem to be messages that you would see in a terminal, such as "Stopping all processes". It is not causing any problems but it does detract from the 'polish' of the user experience, especially when showing Ubuntu to potential new users.
Has anyone else got this behaviour?

Regards,

Barry