Thanks, but I already tried that and still got the same errors. It downloaded the file again, but still the same problem persists.

David K

On 08/11/13 15:23, Colin Law wrote:
On 8 November 2013 15:18, David King <linux...@avoura.com> wrote:
I am having a problem with updating any software on my Ubuntu Studio 12.04

There are various updates listed, but when trying to install them I get an
error:

installArchives() failed: (Reading database ... dpkg: unrecoverable fatal
error, aborting:
  unable to open files list file for package `libgmp10': Input/output error
/var/cache/apt/archives/libgmp10_2%3a5.0.2+dfsg-2ubuntu1_amd64.deb
That file is corrupted.  It is just the downloaded deb file so you can
safely delete it and it will be re-downloaded.
sudo rm /var/cache/apt/archives/libgmp10_2%3a5.0.2+dfsg-2ubuntu1_amd64.deb

Colin