On 06/03/14 10:48, Kris Douglas wrote:

> On 5 Mar 2014 11:48, "Iain Cuthbertson" <iain.cuthbert...@idophp.co.uk
> <mailto:iain.cuthbert...@idophp.co.uk>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> 2012 and 2013 saw great turnouts with much fun, drink and Cards Against
>> Humanity (thanks popey).
>>
>> Now that we have xmas well and truly out of the way, I thought it might
>> be time to start organising a RAT for 2014.
>>
>> 1st step is finding a date that a majority of peeps can attend.
>> Here's a poll with some possible dates for the gathering:
>>
>> http://doodle.com/h7qqfhfk5gcp86ts
>>
>> Information on last year's event can be found here:
>>
> http://doodle.com/r?url=http%3A%2F%2Floco.ubuntu.com%2Fevents%2Fubuntu-uk%2F2320-real-ale-train%2F
>>
>> This event is open to all loco peeps, their partners and friends.
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Iain Cuthbertson
>
> Hello,
>
> Would quite like to come along to this, sounds like a good laugh.
>
> One thing i did wonder though, is there a risk that historic comments on
> the page may put people off, as the one at the tip says its fully
> booked? With a cursory glance people may not notice the date.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Kris

Thanks Kris,
A point well made.

Right now we're getting a feeling for when people would most like to
have the event.
The poll ( http://doodle.com/h7qqfhfk5gcp86ts ) was started on Wednesday
and I had intended to run it for a week. That said, there is already a
clear winner of 2nd August 2014.

Next step is to create an event on loco.ubuntu.com. I'll get this done
later today and make the next announcement then.

Cheers,
Iain