On 09/04/14 11:31, Bea Groves wrote:
You're right about it being a Marmite moment. I've tried with Unity for
some time, and just couldn't get it to 'take' with me. Nevertheless, I'm
happy to teach it to my students.

Barry Drake wrote:
On 09/04/14 10:20, Bea Groves wrote:
One of the reasons I have avoided Unity ;-)
(Apart from not liking the look).

It's like Marmite - folk either love it or hate it.  As for me, there's
no way I'd want to be stuck with those messy gnome menus again.  The
only thing that has annoyed me in the past are the folk who wouldn't
give it a few days before going off to Mint or whatever.  Incidentally,
not one member of my family complained about Unity.  We all just took to
it instantly.

Regards,        Barry.

Hi,

When Unity was first introduced I was among the "haters" but since 13.10 and a lot of the bugs being worked through I could not go back to menu's within menus again!

On the subject heading +1 for copy.com, if like me you use the cmd line not the GUI the fact it no longer plays nice with Unity is not a big problem, but having said that if enough of us get together and moan at copy.com then maybe it will be sorted and we can all enjoy it equally ;¬)

Regards

Pete S