On 18/04/14 11:26, Simon Greenwood wrote:

On 18 April 2014 11:20, Peter Smout <smoutp...@gmail.com
<mailto:smoutp...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On 18/04/14 11:03, Simon Greenwood wrote:

        On 17 April 2014 17:12, Peter Smout <smoutp...@gmail.com
        <mailto:smoutp...@gmail.com>
        <mailto:smoutp...@gmail.com <mailto:smoutp...@gmail.com>>> wrote:

             Hi,

             Still trying to investigate the memory leak in the thread "My
             thoughts confirmed", and I'm trying to find where the
        flash-plug-in
             stores it's temp files.

             I've looked in /tmp and can see nothing that looks like a
        .flv video
             (or part of) and I can see nothing in /home/pete/.mozilla or
             /home/pete/.adobe

             Does anyone know where it downloads it's cache to?

             Or is there a CLI way of following the data (the tail
        command looks
             promising but I don't know what to tail!)

        I seem to recall that swf files are cached in their browser config
        directory but also that they're compiled to bytecode so you
        might not be
        able to identify them.

        The best command tool to start with would be lsof, which should
        show you
        open files. I have a feeling that you might find that a plugin
        library
        is causing the problem but that it runs inside the browser so isn't
        visible to the OS.

        s/

        --
        Twitter: @sfgreenwood
        "TBA are particularly glib

    Hi,

    lsof gives unknown command ls -of the same!

Odd, it's a standard Linux command. How about /usr/bin/lsof?

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
"TBA are particularly gli

hi,

pete@petes-lappy:~$ /usr/bin/lsof
bash: /usr/bin/lsof: No such file or directory
pete@petes-lappy:~$ lsof
bash: lsof: command not found