On 17 May 2014 23:38, Andrés <a75...@alumni.tecnun.es> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After reading this (0) I gave installing adobe digital editions a try with
> wine. This would enable reading ebooks purchased in waterstones with the
> likes of sony e-reader.
>
> The adobe installer claims it needs .net (3.5 i believe) but as I try to
> install it the instalation fails.
>
> A) has anybody managed to install it? If so, any pointers would be great.
> B) is there another way around it? Calibre will not help because of DRM.
>
> My view would be not to buy DRM e-books and have recommended that but the
> person I am doing support for still wants it anyway. And it would mean not
> needing the win xp instalation.
>
> (0)
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/92444/how-to-install-adobe-digital-editions

One suggestion is to use wine-mono rather than .Net but it might also
depend on finding a version that works if there have been changes recently.
It wouldn't surprise me if Adobe constantly hack around with DRM to prevent
people trying to read their books for free rather than working on usability
for example.

s/
--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood