Hi there ... Yesterday I installed Ubuntu Utopic as a dual-boot alongside Trusty. On trying to set up sync in Firefox I found that I did not have an account! Research showed that between Firefox 18 and 19, a new Mozilla sync server has been set up but the old one is still running. When your Firefox upgrades to the current version 19, you need to unlink the sync server from your Firefox, then set up a new sync account (which can have the same e-mail and even the same password if you want).

I've had to do this under my Trusty installation in order to get the sync working with the new Utopic installation.

I hope this information can save some of you from the frustration I had this morning!

Regards,        Barry.