Hi

I have a Raspberry Pi with which I use my TV as a monitor, or at least I did
until I trod on the HDMI cable and damaged the socket on the back of the TV.

The only other inputs the TV has are a SCART and VGA. My laptop running Xubuntu
13.10 has both an HDMI socket and a VGA output. I know I may be asking a bit
much but does anybody know if it would be possible to connect the HDMI output
of the Pi to the corresponding socket on the laptop and redirect the signal to
the VGA, even if it means running some conversion software in between?.

Thanks

Nige