On 8 October 2014 13:35, Gordon Burgess-Parker <gordo...@mail.com> wrote:

> Hi gurus,
>
> I currently triple-boot my Lenovo U410 with Ubuntu 14.04, Windows 8.1
> (which came pre-installed) and Windows 10 tech preview.
> There is an SSD used for Intel Fastboot (AFAIK) and the three OSs are all
> installed on the main 500GB HDD.
>
> My question is this - if I decide to wipe out all the Windows installs and
> only keep Ubuntu, can I move the / partition onto the SSD without
> re-installing?
> Would it just be easier to re-install on the SSD keeping my /Home on the
> 500GB HDD, and where should I put the Swap area? (The SSD is 24GB....)
>
> Thanks!

Short answer seems to be yes from here:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Linux-Discussion/Dual-booting-Ubuntu-13-04-with-Windows-8-on-a-U410/td-p/1116115

I did wonder if the SSD was visible and bootable from the BIOS and it does
seem to be if you switch off this Intel Smart Response Technology, which I
would guess has a proprietary Windows kernel driver.

s/

s/
--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood