On 13 October 2014 13:11, Gordon Burgess-Parker <gordo...@mail.com> wrote:

> How do you find the battery life on your Lenovo x?
> I have a Lenovo U410 and the battery life, even with TPL installed never
> goes much over 3 hours...which is a pita....

I can get 3 hours repeatably, but this is not light-use. There's
normally a bit of software compilation, 3G device tethering, and
probably phone charging, with base consumption about 16W according to
powertop.

I've found with mine that fancontrol can make a huge difference. The
main fan sucks up about 8W on its lowest setting according to powertop
(and the secondary some more), so setting fancontrol to activate a
little higher than normal (60C or so rather than 45C) saves huge
amounts of power; during normal use mine won't go much higher than 55C
anyway.