On 15/11/14 13:59, Colin Law wrote:
On 15 November 2014 13:42, Rowan Berkeley <rowan.berke...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 15/11/14 13:38, Colin Law wrote:

On 15 November 2014 12:50, Rowan Berkeley <rowan.berke...@gmail.com>
wrote:

On 15/11/14 12:42, Colin Law wrote:

On 15 November 2014 12:13, Rowan Berkeley <rowan.berke...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

I have upgraded to 14:10, and picked up a bug or two along the way.
This
one
is a nuisance, because I use screenshots a lot on my blog. Every time I
try
to make a new screenshot, it just creates a new copy of an old one.
Therefore, it is storing them somewhere in a queue, and when I try to
make a
new one, it puts that at the bottom of the queue and offers me a fresh
edition of the snapshot that is stuck at the top. Or a selection from
several that are stuck there, but never the new one. The official
location
for all screenshots is set by me as the desktop, and I have repeatedly
deleted everything on there, including hidden files. These things must
be
stored somewhere else. So where are they all, so that I can clear them,
and
perhaps find some way of preventing them from accumulating like this
again?

When you click on print screen (if that is how you are taking a
snapshot) what does it show for Save in Folder?

Colin

I haven't been using Print Screen, I have been using the Screenshot
application, because I always want to select an area by hand. But it is
interesting that the Print Screen command always reverts the destination
folder to Pictures, no matter how often I try to change it to Desktop.
But
this doesn't really solve my problem. I can find the resulting image
file,
whether it is in Desktop or in Pictures. the trouble is, it is not the
present screen, but an old one, stored somewhere and regurgitated
repeatedly. So the question must be, where?

Just to clarify, are you saying that if you hit printscreen, enter a
filename, select an appropriate folder, and hit save, that it saves a
file where requested, with the correct name, but with the wrong
contents?

Colin

yep. old contents.

If you run, in a terminal
gnome-screenshot
do you see an error something like
** (gnome-

screenshot:5026): WARNING **: Unable to use GNOME Shell's builtin
screenshot interface, resorting to fallback X11. Error:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.gnome.Shell was not provided by any .service files

If so then perhaps it is this bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-screenshot/+bug/1103847

Colin

No, I don't get that error message in the Terminal. It just performs the Screenshot operation without comment. Into the Pictures folder. And reproduces the old material, again. Restart will clear it, I think, because the old material is from this morning, not from yesterday, when this started happening.