On 26/11/14 15:31, Colin Law wrote:

What settings have you changed?  I wonder whether the fact that some
settings are non-standard is a factor in the problem arising in the
first place.  I have never had to reset as far as I can remember,
except when running beta versions once or twice.

Nothing I would think significant (or should be the cause of the problem frankly).

I mean adding my applications to the Launcher, changing the menu from the one at the top to the one in the applications' window, showing the date as well as the time in the calendar ... that sort of thing

Al