Hi Popey

I think you are right that some new initiatives wouldn't go amiss. I've nothing
but praise for this list, though. I've posted quite a lot of pleas for advice
over the last 3 or 4 years and only ever drawn a blank on one occasion.

Advocacy is a great idea, but the few events I've attended seem always to
appeal mainly to all the local Linux enthusiasts, so the "evangelists" just end
up preaching to the converted. Going in somewhere completely cold seems to be a
very hard and largely unproductive slog. I always talk to people about FLOSS
when the opportunity presents itself, and I've had the best responses in "warm"
environments, where people rely on using computers but not as the focus of
their interests. I'm thinking of camera clubs, amateur astronomy groups and so
on.

Nige