On 29 January 2015 at 09:01, Colin Law <clan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28 January 2015 at 23:01, Tony Pursell <a...@princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > I have just tested filling out a form using Evince (aka Document Viewer)
> and
> > it seems to work OK, but only if you download the form.  If the PDF form
> is
> > just open in Firefox you cannot fill out the form.
> >
> > The form I used was the N1 Claim Form from
> >
> http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=338
> >
> > Is there something special about Corporation Tax forms?
>
> Some pdf's with forms are ok, some are not.  See the bug I linked to
> for more detail
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/poppler/+bug/321720

I believe this is a proprietary component of Adobe Reader, I know the issue
has been around for a long time as I think I came up against it the last
time I tried to complete the CT form like this, six or seven years ago.
Since then I've used a web service and it just works although why HMRC
can't actually provide one themselves is a mystery.

s/
--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
"TBA are particularly glib"