On 07/04/15 00:12, Daniel Llewellyn wrote:

> I think you may be grasping the "OMG THE SKY IS FALLING" end of the
> stick here. While there is the possibility that some OEMs may take this
> relaxation and lock their hardware down to only allow MS certified
> software, that is not what MS are requiring. The wording is "no longer
> require an opt-out" and NOT "require that there is no opt-out".

What Microsoft says in public may not be the same as what they say in
private to the computer manufacturers. If Win10 machines turn up later
this year with no opt-out then MS can blame the manufacturers, while the
manufacturers will not dare to say anything to contradict them.

If anyone feels moved to write to the competition commissioner with
their concerns, they can find the contact details in section 2A of the
following link:-

http://ec.europa.eu/competition/consumers/contacts_en.html

Barry T