I know I've posted about this before but there does not appear to actually be anybody to talk to about this. I am currently trying to get software published in the software centre, my current attempt has so far been going on for three months!

My current submission was sent in a month ago and the status was changed to 'Review in progress' 2 weeks and 5 days ago. The people working on this seem to be unreachable and the process seems to be taking forever. There surely has to be a better way than this?

My current submission is under a proprietary license and I am wondering how others make money out of their programs. Is it done to release open source software but still charge for it? How often are donations or adverts within the program used?

I have my doubts about some of these methods but it seems to me that I should be creating some programs and releasing them free, but that anyone who puts in so much effort to making something would naturally want some kind of return from their work.

I'd love to hear how other people tackle this.