On 27 March 2016 at 09:35, Paul Waring <p...@xk7.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 08:41:22AM +0100, Simon Greenwood wrote:
> >    Filezilla is very strict about SSL/TLS support. If the server says it
> >    supports TLS then Filezilla tries to use it and will reject the
> connection
> >    if it fails. The workaround is to set the connection to use 'Plain
> FTP' in
> >    Filezilla connection manager. This is probably OK In your setup but
> the
> >    correct thing to do would be to make sure that openssh is up to date
> and
> >    configured correctly. There are documents online to test and make
> >    recommendations but I think in your case it would be just an exercise
> >    unless the machine is going to be internet facing.
>
> SFTP does not involve SSL/TLS, it uses the SSH protocol. Despite the
> unfortunate similarities in name, SFTP is completely different to FTP
> (and FTPS, which is FTP over TLS).
> ​. An ​

​Filezilla is still strict about it, so it's likely that the ciphers or
client certificates need bringing up to date​. The exact error should be
visible in Filezilla's connection log, but should also have been fixed in
15.10 since release so an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade and a restart
of sshd should fix it.

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
"TBA are particularly glib"