Hi

I have 4 machines with a similar Ubuntu configuration. On one of them a
particular application (Gambas IDE) takes about a minute to fire up while on
the others around 3 seconds is the norm. All other applications start normally
on the offending machine, so it would not appear to be a system-wide issue.

Running the executable from the command line doesn't produce any messages to
show what might be going on. I've looked at all the log files I can find and
there is nothing relating to the launching of the gambas3 executable. It's
quite possible, of course, that I have missed the relevant log file.

I'd appreciate some advice about which log file ought to give me some
information and/or perhaps a way of starting the application which forces the
generation of detailed log messages.

Thanks

Nige