On 19 September 2016 at 20:13, Neil Greenwood
<neil.greenwood....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the top post, I'm on my phone.
>
> I think partimage does what you want already. Clonezilla gives a (very
> slightly) friendlier front end, but I've not used either for several
> years...

I believe partimage does not handle ext4 which would be a problem (at
least that is what [1] says)

I had thought about clonezilla and will have another look at it. The
last time I used it (which was some time ago) it seemed overly
complex, but perhaps I just need to put a bit more effort in to see
how to use it from a script.

Thanks

Colin

[1] https://www.partimage.org/Main_Page