On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 4:53 PM Mark Dorrington <mdorringto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Steven where is the best place to purchase a ubuntu dvd as i am on pay as you
> go for my internet as i do not like contracts
> due to the complexed small print on the contract.

Mark,

if by "pay as you go", you mean using a mobile PAYG plan and some sort
of wifi hotspot to access the Internet, most mobile providers have
data packs or add-ons you can use on PAYG plans, e.g. Giffgaff's goody
bags, three data packs, Vodafone bundles, O2 bundles, EE packs, etc.

An Ubuntu 21.04 ISO is about 2.6 GiB in size. By purchasing a one-off
add-on to your PAYG plan, you'd be able to download the ISO and then
burn it to disc at your own leisure. Most networks do way more than 3
GiB of data for a month for around a tenner.

However, if by "pay as you go", you mean a metered landline Internet
access product, then ... wow. I didn't know those things still
existed.

If you're still determined to purchase a physical DVD from a vendor,
as both Steven and the other Mark said, try thelinuxshop.co.uk.

-n