After doing the upgrade I was also having issues with FF but they were
slightly different.  FF seemed faster overall accessing sites but while
sitting idle it would occationally (like on a  clock cycle) chew up to
150% of my cpu (hyperthreaded cpu).  After copying ~/.mozilla to a
backup and eliminating all functional and nonfunctional add ons, the cpu
issue disappeared.  My times with the dig references below are 17ms &
9ms respectively.

Now to get all my bookmarks back :(