On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Nathan Haines <nhai...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 08:26 -0700, Larry Cafiero wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:57 PM, Nathan Haines <nhai...@ubuntu.com>
> > wrote:
>
> I find the implication that women need to be separately
> planned for or else they're being deliberately excluded to be incredibly
> offensive.

Good. We all should, and hopefully do. However, you don't seem to be
bothered by making a statement implying dividing shirts into those with
"ponies" (subtext: a "girl" motif) and those that don't.

Got it.

> Women are people, indeed. While there are certainly times
> when it's an important consideration, I don't think a simple logo tee is
> one of them.

While it's an important consideration to remember that women are people,
indeed, you're also right, Nathan, that a logo tee may not be one where we
need to make separate shirts.

Might be nice, though, but not particularly necessary.

Incidentally, I'm just wondering: In light of this and Mark Shuttleworth's
arguable gaffes at LinuxCon, is it community policy to dig yourself in
deeper after you say something ridiculous, or is the phrase, "Gee, I'm
sorry. I seem to have misspoken" forbidden from the community's lexicon?

The reason I ask is that, from time to time, I say things I have to take
back -- which I do, with apologies if necessary -- so I don't want to be in
violation of any policy/policies.