> Not quite sure I'm picking up on the humor here, but it really does
> depend on what list you look at, iso mirrors only tell part of the
> story. So for those interested take a look at:
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archivemirrors
> UC Davis, Merced, and Berkeley all have repository mirrors.

Why aren't these linked from http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors ?
None of the launchpad ones you mention have cd isos, right?

Is there Berkeley on that list?  I don't see it.

What's the algorithm behind
http://releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/lucid/kubuntu-10.04....iso ? Does that
download all come from one location, or does it somehow geolocate a local
server for you?  is it cloud based??

PS - I thougt I'd seen kernel.org on this link before today
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors
- did that link just go away??

I wonder how it was that I'd found this link:
http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/ubuntu-releases/kubuntu/10.04/
Was that linked from the ubuntu site??
BTW, where in the world is the server for mirrors.us.kernel.org  ?