Thanks for all these great ideas, Jessica!

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Jessica Ledbetter
<jess...@jessicaledbetter.com> wrote:
> I like Flickr cause it's easy and when I'm looking for a photo of
> something then I can probably find it there. I can send photos from my
> phone easily which is great for the time crunched. However, I'd be
> uploading to my account, so if you wanted an easy way to see all
> photos taken at events, there'd have to be a group or tag shared.
> Right?

Right, I don't remember what tag we're supposed to be using offhand
(obviously I don't use it, oops). As far as the account itself goes, I
figure it would be a shared login that photo uploaders (anyone who
takes photos and wants to share them) would use. So even if you upload
to your own account, you can also log in and upload to the other
account.

>> Should we stick with the open source Gallery2?
>
> That could be a good long term solution. We all upload our photos to
> Flickr or Picasa so that it shows up on loco.ubuntu.com and
> then upload the nicest ones to Gallery2. That way, it's not too much
> duplication of effort if someone took a lot of photos.

My concern with gallery2 is long term maintenance, and if we're only
using it to store copies rather than really displaying them maybe a
better option is just an sftp share on the server where we upload
*all* images we wish to share, and also upload them to flickr/picasa
for display? That way we have them stored in our controlled space (can
even store them as gzip or bz2 files) but also have a social media
friendly way of sharing them. It also makes it easier for folks who
can't be bothered to upload to flickr/picasa, they can just upload
their tarball or give a tarball to another team member to handle it.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com