It sure doesnt hurt to experiment with different times and see what works.
If more than one sole person shows up, Id say its a success! And many times
there will be far more people at a place to eat during lunch time then say
6pm when everyone is out driving. Ive been to Subway, Starbucks, etc at 6pm
and they can be empty.

Also, when talking about target audience... are we talking about people we
can gather together with an interest in Ubuntu or are we also trying to be
seen and reach out to people if they ask about Ubuntu?

In my thought, theres no point meeting up if the place is going to be empty.
You could just have a conversation online. Ive always been under the
impression that an Ubuntu Hour is to sorta be noticed to anyone who might
show interest leading in to a conversation.

/ Dave

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Mike Pontillo <ponti...@gmail.com> wrote:

>    Who is the target audience?
>
>    For me personally it's easier to take a lunch hour [or perhaps take a
> longer lunch] for something like this than to do it in the evening. The
> constant battle of work time vs. family time, you know. And I have to get
> lunch while I'm at work anyway. ;-)
>
> Mike
>

> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Nathan Haines <nhai...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 10:56 -0700, Mike Pontillo wrote:
>> >    I could probably do one at lunch hour Monday, Wednesday, or Friday.
>>
>> Lunchtime meetings would probably effectively limit the participants to
>> those within two miles of the meeting place, and would limit the meeting
>> itself to no longer than 40 minutes, but that's not counting time to
>> order and receive food.
>>
>> I'm not saying lunchtime gatherings are a bad idea, but I'm not certain
>> it's a good fit for the typical Ubuntu Hour target case.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nathan
>>
>> --
>> Nathan Haines <nhai...@ubuntu.com>